11.29.2008

Kid in a candy store

That was me on my day off when I met up with Ange, a fellow teacher at the branch here, and she took me to a boatyard just a half hour's walk from where I live. The kaleidoscopic setting is a photographer's playground, and we played til the sun went down. I owe her many thanks for showing it to me. Check out more photos from that day on my flickr site.

Here's Ange with a fisherman who wanted to be in the picture. That kind of playfulness and openness to strangers is one of the things I love about Thai people.

The sunlight was gorgeous. The weather now couldn't get any better: warm, sunny and slightly breezy during the day and cool enough in the early mornings and evenings to trigger tiny goosebumps.

We saw this cutie patootie playing his little heart out in the ocean.

They stood and watched who I assume is their father leaving for work until he was out of sight and then resumed the fun.