2.15.2008

Tropical paradise, here I come


Today is the last day of the term so I have next week off. My good friend Daniel from high school flies in around midnight. His friend Jill arrives tomorrow. And then Sunday morning, we're off. White sandy beaches, tranquil turquoise waters, and several days of lazing around like it's my job. "Let's see, shall I lie in the hammock and read, or go lounge on the shore and stare at one of the world's prettiest scenes?" It's going to be rough. Hard to believe I've been here nearly six months and haven't laid eyes nor body on a beach, but all that will change in about 48 hours when we land in Krabi and take a ferry over to the island of Ko Lanta. Take a look at our bungalows ... sorry Bangkok, you may not look the same in a while.

PICTURE COURTESY OF BAAN PHU LAE WEBSITE